September 28, 2013

Southern Stars

For no particular reason and for many...I felt it today. I was transported to my (younger) youth. Summer nights in Atlanta. It's magic. Only those that have lived it truly know. It's a warm, breezy, smell of trees and dewy grass and a moon that glows like a spot light. With stars so bright they make you forget all about the day. And somehow, anything is possible. 

It's a feeling of pure freedom and of ease knowing you have your whole life in front of you. An endless possibility that maybe, just maybe, your crazy dreams will somehow spill over into reality and become one in the same. It was those summer nights that made me believe I was a little closer to the creator of all that's good and of all that has purpose. there wasn't much space between us. I would give thanks in advance knowing my life would take me to unimaginable places. And boy, has it.

There really is something about the south in the summertime. I'm grateful for those memories. They're so vivid still.

I wish I could bottle that feeling up and spike my coffee with it in the morning so that it wouldn't get foggy and forgotten during a day full of 'should's' and adult distractions. It's so easy to push those memories aside and overcomplicate what's innately simple. It's an easy habit to belittle those feelings of possibility and 'why the hell not's'.

So why the hell not?!

When no one's looking and it's really quiet, those southern stars can make mountains move inside of you...as easily and softly as that warm breeze. As effortless as a southern sky in the summertime.

Thanks Georgia...I never stopped loving you.

No comments:

Post a Comment