November 21, 2015

This is our healing

Let us surrender to love, my friend. 

Tell me, where is your wound? I feel the ache. We will both carry unease until we let the light in. You see, there is no separation between your cuts and my healing. 
No barrier between love and the void of it. 

Are we not all breathing the same air? 
Under the same sun? 
Cradled by the same moon? 

Narrow the distance so we can see we are not what we fear of each other. 

I surrender to love, my friend. 
I cannot see without your light. 
This is our healing. 
This is our reason for being. 

Don't you marvel how we all define joy because we share the same sensation?
Have we all not shed tears? Your tears are made of the same elements as mine. 
Does your smile not come without thought and is its shape not the same as the lift of my lips?

Down to the detail. Down to the nails, to the hair, to the teeth, and tongue that can taste the bitterness of what is not right. It can also taste the sweetness we all crave and enjoy. 
We are all in search of the same sweetness. 

We are the same, you and I. 
Tell me, where is your wound? I feel the ache. 
Let us surrender to love, my friend. 

When we stop scratching away at our own skin, we will realize that we cannot make an enemy out of a brother. We cannot blame fear on our sister. Anger and sadness is housed in our own skin. It is up to us to cleanse what we hold. We are the same. We are one organism. The disparity and separation we create is reflective of the disparity and separation within ourselves. The distance we observe in another is the exact bridge we need to build to extend our love.
Someday, you too will need a bridge to reach for you. 

We are the same. 

Rather than pushing away and creating boundaries, in times like these; at all times, we need each other most. To heal is to surrender to love. To thrive is to face the truth that there is no separation between us. Where is the wound, my friend? I too have felt it. I too have suffered. We need the other equally. It is no coincidence our bodies are symmetrical. It is no accident that we are mirrors images. We are no accident; structural and molecular walking miracles. 

We will always shed each others’ tears. We carry each others’ pains. We are freed by each others’ joys. We are one organism, finding peace within. 

We are the same, you and I. 
Tell me, where is your wound? I feel the ache. 
I surrender to love, my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment